Quick, easy, and perfect for an afternoon on the back patio. The combination of grilled shrimp and pasta is an excellent summertime treat. Ingredients A dozen peeled and cleaned shrimp Pear and Roma tomatoes Box of tortellini (can be stuffed with anything you like – we enjoy the mushroom) Garlic (chopped / minced) Salt and Pepper Butter and Olive Oil […]
Quick, easy, and perfect for an afternoon on the back patio. The combination of grilled shrimp and pasta is an excellent summertime treat.
- A dozen peeled and cleaned shrimp
- Pear and Roma tomatoes
- Box of tortellini (can be stuffed with anything you like – we enjoy the mushroom)
- Garlic (chopped / minced)
- Salt and Pepper
- Butter and Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
Mise and Cooking
- If using frozen shrimp, soak in water until thawed and remove carapace. Buying a bag of frozen cleaned shrimp is the way to go – so that you always have some in the freezer ready for a dish.
- Prepare the tortellini as described on the box or bag. Generally this will take about 10-11 minutes of cooking time.
- While the pasta is boiling, slice tomatoes and toss in salt, pepper, olive oil, and set aside.
- When pasta has about 4-5 minutes left, brown the garlic in butter in a frying pan.
- When garlic just starts to turn golden add red peppers flakes and shrimp and cook until done. It is OK if some of the garlic gets dark and crispy.
- Do not overcook the shimp – cook until the translucence goes away and the meat is beautifully pink. If necessary, add additional butter to the pan so that there is a small amount of golden liquid at the bottom.
- Add tomatoes to frying pan and quickly toss (do not cook the tomatoes).
- Drain and add pasta to frying pan and quickly toss.
- Serve and enjoy.
This dish does not require any additional sauce beyond the butter and olive oil used in cooking. If you want a richer flavour, sprinkle with parmesan before serving.